Monday, February 6, 2012

Love Is The Key

I have been working on my Valentines Decor. As always I start with a theme, and this years is called Love is the Key. After all Valentines day is all about love.... your husband,your kids, your family, girlfriends, etc. I know we don't need an excuse to show someone you love them, but being it's here I figure why not make it special?? So starting with the mantle, I made my picture above it with an old frame , covered the back with white fabric, added black ribbon and hand cut the letters and glittered them red and pinned them to it.Then I added the two hearts locks with keys on the side. Below is my garland that has bigger black and pink glittered keys, black and red ribbon,glittered hearts in black, pink, red and white, with smaller heart keys. I also added two bigger hearts and some curling ribbon. All the keys and hearts were hand cut and glittered.
Closer of Mantle:

This year I decided instead of setting only the table in the kitchen, I would set the formal dinning room also. The one in the kitchen for everyday leading up to Valentines, then serve the special dinner on the bigger table. Nothing says love like the color red so the tablecloth was picked. On black placemats, I put glittered pink chargers, black plates, white salad plates and an assortment of hearts. Along with handpainted pink and red hearts goblets, white napkin and pink ice as a scatter for the table. The centerpeice is a pink vase, that I added blingy black ribbon to. Inside are white, red, two shades of pink roses, along with black feathers for a fun touch. Also red and pink glittered heart picks.
The closer view of plates , along with crocked spoon...lol.
The centerpeice:
On the formal table I put a white tablecloth, black placemats and pink glittered chargers. The other set of black plates , and this time soft pink plates, and various hearts. On the white heart I put stickers that say" Love you more" . There's a special reason for this, everynight before Hubbs & I go to sleep one of us says I love you and the other one says Love you More".
I added black champayne flutes and crystal water goblets. I layered black and pink napkins and added silver bling napkin rings and scattered pink ice over the table. The centerpeice is in a large pink bowl, with white hydragenas, pink roses, feather picks and glittered heart picks for a soft romantic feel.
The centerpeice:

So ladies , what are you doing for Valentine's Day? Planning a night of romance? A date night to see a movie and have dinner?? Whatever it is , show a little extra love on Valentines, after all they deserve it....

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment