Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Vintage Antique Tableau

My favorite part of my displays for Mother's Day, is this one. I decided to decorate with some antiques and vintage items, that say Mother's Day of old.
I started with a hat stand and on it a very pretty vintage pink pill box hat( for those of you are too young to remember Jackie-O man them famous), then covered half the chest with pink lace.Then I added some antique books from the 1800's and 1902. I draped some vintage lace gloves and pearls across the books. Then I painted this round frame in pink, cream and soft green, added flowers and a butterfly, and put A Song For My Mother poem in it.
Then I changed the lamps shades by added some ruffled pink trim , then some bling over that, and added two puffy pink puffs.I threw some old fashioned roses up there to complete the display...I adore it.....




No comments:

Post a Comment